Join thousands of RV travellers
Sign up for our Go By Camper newsletter to receive inspirational travel content and awesome deals, and we'll send you a copy of our Ultimate RV guide!
Please confirm subscription in your email.
Victoria Winery Tours
Address: 6619 Great Alpine Road Porepunkah Victoria 3740
Feathertop Winery sits in the stunning Alpine Valleys with dramatic views across our vineyard to the imposing Victorian Alps and spectacular native bush of the High Country. Feathertop houses a variety of food and wine options and experiences. Our cool climate wines deliver purity of flavour and our varietal diversity means your wine adventure can include traditional favourites as well as many new and emerging wine styles. With the rail trail at our front gate guests can access world class cycling routes, for both serious and recreational riders alike. Streams and mountains are easily accessible and offer a variety of nature and adventure based options. Allow us to assist you in preparing a personalised itinerary that can be as diverse, active, indulgent or relaxed as you wish.
- What differentiates your vineyard to the others in the region? Our diversity of wine varieties including eighteen traditional and emerging varietals. Our location on the rail trail provides access to a range of food and wine, nature based, adventure and cycle activities.
- What's your most popular wine? Savagnin. Great for sipping and great with food. A broadly appealing and refreshing white wine with clean and crisp fruit flavours and a juicy, dry finish.
- What's your favourite wine to produce? It's a big and diverse family and we love all our children!
- Does your vineyard have a restaurant? We have al a carte dining in our Alfresco Dining restaurant serving contemporary fare using the best of local, seasonal produce, much of which is grown at the winery. Our deli offers a more casual option where guests can select from a range of local and housemade goods. Guests dine with a stunning backdrop of vineyards, native bush and the victorian Alps.
- What else would you recommend people do while they're in the region? Hire a bike and cycle the rail trail. Go for a walk at Mount Buffalo. Visit the many great food and wine options including breweries, berry farms, nut farms and restaurants. We can assist in preparing your itinerary; whether you want a relaxing, indulgent, nature or adventure based break
Address: 201 St Leonards Road, Wahgunyah (Rutherglen) Victoria 3687
Established in 1860, 5-star rated St Leonards Vineyard produces the finest single vineyard wines in an idyllic setting. Located in the Rutherglen Wine Region, the winery is a picturesque and relaxing destination for wine enthusiasts and nature purists. Taste our fine single vineyard wines, enjoy the outdoors, and let the kids run free on the lush lawns. The property is very peaceful, with pelicans spiralling down to the lagoon and gliding silently through the reflections of the towering gums along the waterline. The vineyards at St Leonards are home to a mix of classic and curious varieties; from the usual suspects, Shiraz, Chardonnay and Semillon, to lesser known Cabernet Franc. All seem to like where they are, producing wines with vibrant fruit characters and great balance. Today the Estate is run by siblings Eliza, Angela and Nicholas Brown, fourth-generation of winemaking family.
- What differentiates your vineyard to the others in the region? The winery is located in a unique spot in a loop of the Murray River. Our vineyards always seem cooler than other vineyards nearby, with the lower temperatures helping draw out the growing season to maximise the development of intense fruit flavours.
- What's your most popular wine? Our most popular white wine is the fresh and vibrant single vineyard St Leonards Lumière (100% Semillon) and our most popular reds are our light and savoury single vineyard St Leonards Cabernet Franc as well as our rich but soft and delicate St Leonards ‘Wahgunyah’ Shiraz.
- What's your favourite wine to produce? Our jewel in the crown, the opulent yet elegant St Leonards ‘Wahgunyah’ Shiraz. The palate is effortlessly poised with plenty of ripe, cherry-pit and raspberry scented fruit flooding the mouth. It is a distinctive Rutherglen red marked by sweet/savoury, multifaceted flavours and structure.
- Does your vineyard have a restaurant? What style is it? Popular Dish? Our winery has a café open every Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays (note: café closed between from end of May to end of August). We offer a small selection of casual, fresh and seasonal dishes. Our Beef and Durif pie and our Spanish tortilla have proven very popular!
- What else would you recommend people do while they're in the region? We would highly recommend hiring St Leonards vintage bicycles to go explore local neighbouring Cellar Doors, restaurants and provedores. Just up the road from us is 5-star rated sister winery All Saints Estate. It is a landmark for the region with a heritage-listed turreted castle ,manicured garden, a ‘one hat’ restaurant ‘Terrace’ and a boutique provedore ‘Indigo Cheese Co.’ where you can sample regional and international cheeses as well as North East Victoria produce.