Join thousands of RV travellers
Sign up for our Go By Camper newsletter to receive inspirational travel content and awesome deals, and we'll send you a copy of our Ultimate RV guide!
Please confirm subscription in your email.
South Australia Winery Tours
address: 92 River Boat Road, Cadell SA 5321, Australia
Be amongst the first to experience wine tasting on the Murray River at our Cellar Door. The Cellar Door is located metres from the beautiful Murray River and its rustic feel blends in perfectly to its surroundings. From its crafted hard wood floors to its recycled red gum pillars brightly lit, you feel like you are drinking wine with the local wild life. When travelling from Waikerie, Cadell or Morgan by boat, this is the perfect destination to pull up and sample some of our local produce, even get a vineyard tour. The vast lawned area provides the perfect setting by the river to enjoy a bottle of wine or two.
- What differentiates your vineyard to the others in the region? At Caudo Vineyard Cellar Door you are literally a stone throw away from the Murray River. There are no cellar doors closer. You can enjoy a glass of wine, Sangria, beer or coffee overlooking the river with the local wildlife. Take the time to go for a walk along our nature track and see the largest colony of endangered regent parrots.If you come on the right day it is possible to go for a vineyard tour and see a very rare car collection as well as learn the day to day workings of the vineyard.
- What's your most popular wine? Currently our Sangria is definitely the most popular in our selection. It is so refreshing on our hot Riverland days.
However we have won many awards for our wine selection. Most recent been our Tempranillo which was in the top 40 best value for money wines in Australia and New Zeland as voted by wine state magazine.
- What's your favourite wine to produce? We love them all!
- Does your vineyard have a restaurant? We Do not have a restaurant, but we do offer a tasting platter showcasing the local produce. Also a fresh garden salad & table top Charcoal BBQ which sits on your table and sizzles away right in front of you. Both of these will feed approximately 4 people.
- What else would you recommend people do while they're in the region?
Havenhand chocolate shop, Rain moth gallery, Viewpoint cafe
War museum, The old paddle steamer jetty
Waikerie to renmark
919 wines, Angles Family winery, Banrock Station, Rustons rose garden, Whistling Kite Wines
address: 319 Step Road, Langhorne Creek SA 5255, Australia
Welcome to Lake Breeze
From humble beginnings, the Follett family's Lake Breeze wines have become some of Australia's most awarded.
The Follett's have been growing grapes in Langhorne Creek for over 120 years and winemakers for 28 years and have rapidly built an enviable reputation for consistently producing outstanding wines. Rated by James Halliday as a 5 red star winery, Lake Breeze has also racked up 37 trophies and over 130 gold medals.
Lake Breeze's charming cellar door incorporates a contemporary eating area, including an upstairs deck with stunning views of the family's old vineyard and the majestic river red gums that line the Bremer River. The perfect place to enjoy a regional platter accompanied by a glass of trophy winning wine!
The Follett's are proud of their heritage and the consistency of their award winning wines. Winemaker, Greg Follett selects only the best 30-40% of fruit from the older vines on the property, to create wines with amazing depth of flavour. These wines include the highly acclaimed 'Bernoota' [Shiraz/Cabernet], Cabernet Sauvignon, Arthur's Reserve and Winemaker's Selection Shiraz labels.
Lake Breeze has become a vibrant location for weddings, concerts and food and wine celebrations set amongst the picturesque vineyards, roses and towering gum trees.
The Follett family have also established The Creek Cottage bed and breakfast, ideal for guests to relax in whilst exploring the Fleurieu Peninsula and now to complete the ultimate winery experience they have opened up their special part of the world as a 'Winery Haven'.
- What differentiates your vineyard to the others in the region? Our family have been growing grapes since the 1880's on the property, however it wasn't until 1987 that we produced our first wines. Since then, we've experienced extraordinary success at national wine shows with our red wines, to become one of the country's most awarded boutique wineries. The most outstanding awards we've won include the Max Schubert Trophy (Best Red Wine) at the Adelaide Wine Show on two occasions and have been rated a 5 red star winery by James Halliday. We've been awarded the Champion Wine of Langhorne Creek at our regional wine show on numerous occasions, cementing our reputation as clearly the best producer in Langhorne Creek.
- What's your most popular wine? 'Bernoota' Shiraz/Cabernet blend - consistently outstanding value for money.
- What's your favourite wine to produce? 'Arthur's Reserve' Cabernet/Petit Verdot/Malbec. Greg uses only the finest 10 barrels of cabernet for this small production. It gives him the opportunity to 'play' with the blend to achieve an outstanding Bordeaux style wine.
- Does your vineyard have a restaurant? Yes, we are open for light lunches. Our newly renovated cellar door offers stunning views across the vineyard and the majestic river red gums that line the Bremer River. Our menu includes regional platters, seasonal salads or soup and home-made pies. There's nothing more perfect than sitting upstairs on the deck with a glass of wine and delicious platter! (we're not open for evening meals unfortunately)
- What else would you recommend people do while they're in the region? There is a very strong sense of community in Langhorne Creek and we always recommend guests visit other cellar doors in the region. The Potts family at Bleasdale settled the area and established the very first vineyards and winery back in the 1850's, so it is well worth visiting their cellar door to soak up the history and try their great wines. There are a total of seven cellar doors in Langhorne Creek, so there is plenty to keep wine lovers busy!