Leave No Trace
maui Motorhomes is proud to have partnered with the “Leave No Trace” programme. This is an education programme launched by CMCA (Campervan and Motorhome Club of Australia Limited) to promote best practice environmental conduct by its members and by partners who subscribe to the programme.
As an environmentally conscious Recreational Vehicle hirer I/we hereby agree to the following:
- To stay in any Rest Area for a maximum of five nights, unless otherwise posted, or for the period that the vehicle can be self contained. If the vehicle capabilities are two days this will become the limit. If the vehicle’s capability is for longer than five days, five days shall be the limit, unless otherwise posted.
- To obtain permission to stay from the relevant authority where applicable, and to obey any posted regulations. It may be necessary to obtain a permit from the controlling authority. In some instances a fee may be payable. Where authorities have posted signs, these will override any other considerations.
- To not use awnings, chairs or barbeques unless in a designated camping area. Be aware of your surroundings and only set up ‘camping equipment’ in appropriate areas. For example, it is not acceptable to set up camp in a roadside rest area.
- To always leave an area as clean, or cleaner, than I find it.
- To always take care of the natural environment. If they are permitted,keep camp fires small, and do not collect firewood from inappropriate areas. Do not cut living foliage, pick wild flowers or disturb wildlife.
- To purchase fuel, food or supplies as a form of thanks, whenever feasible.
- To park my vehicle so as not to obstruct reasonable passage, exit or access to other ehicles or property.
- To not park within line of sight of a Caravan Park unless in an approved overnight rest area.
- To dispose of all rubbish in the appropriate manner and to not allow any drainage of any substance including grey or black water. All grey and black water MUST be retained in holding tanks or suitable sealable containers at all times unless instructed to drain grey water onto the ground by a controlling authority.
- To not drive in any area when damage may occur to soft surfaces. Driving any vehicles on soft surfaces may cause damage.
- The Regulating Authority of the Leave No TraceTM Self Containment Code of Conduct scheme is the Campervan and Motorhome Club of Australia Ltd.
ABN 16 095 568 157 Copyright CMCA 2007
Eco Tourism Australia’s Nature Tourism certification
maui successfully achieved Eco Tourism Australia’s Nature Tourism certification. The ECO Certification logo is a globally recognised brand which assists travellers to choose and experience a genuine and authentic tour, attraction, cruise or accommodation that is environmentally, socially and economically sustainable. The ECO Certification program assures travellers that certified products are backed by a strong, well managed commitment to sustainable practices and provides high quality tourism experiences.
For further information, please visit www.ecotourism.org.au